- You can connect Last.fm to Apple Music using the official desktop app or a third-party app.
- The official Last.fm desktop app lets you scrub Apple Music on Mac or PC.
- If you’re using an iPhone or iPad, you’ll need to download a Last.fm-enabled app like Marvis Pro.
Historically, Last.fm and Apple Music have never worked well together. Unlike Spotify, there’s no one-size-fits-all way to connect your Last.fm account to Apple Music and track everything you’re listening to at any time.
But things have improved over the past few years. Now you can scrub your songs from Apple Music to Last.fm from your Mac, PC, or iOS/iPadOS device — you just need to download some apps.
How to connect Last.fm to Apple Music on Mac or PC
Instead of connecting your Last.fm account directly to your Apple Music account, you’ll need to connect the Last.fm app to your computer. This will make everything you play in the Music app (Mac) or iTunes (PC) automatically scrub to Last.fm.
1. On your Mac or PC, go to the Track My Music page on the Last.fm website.
2. Under Last.fm Desktop scrobbler title, click the red Download now button.
3. Download the Last.fm app and install it, then open it.
4. When prompted, connect the app to your Last.fm account. Depending on your system, you may need to give the app permission to read what music your computer is playing.
5. If you’re on a computer, click the Last.fm icon in the taskbar at the bottom of the screen, then Settings. In the pop-up window that appears, make sure that iTunes there is a check mark next to it.
Everything you listen to in the Music app or iTunes should now automatically scrub to Last.fm. If you open the Last.fm app while listening, it will tell you exactly what’s playing—the Mac app will even tell you how many times you’ve listened to that particular artist and song.
How to connect Last.fm to Apple Music on iPhone or iPad
There is an official Last.fm app for iOS/iPadOS, but it doesn’t work very well with Apple Music. To properly scrub Apple Music with this app, you need to manually open the app and press a button every now and then.
Instead, you’ll want to use a third-party app like Soor or Marvis Pro. These are alternative music apps that let you browse and play your Apple Music library, and they’ll scrub to Last.fm while you’re at it.
Unfortunately, neither app is free. The Soor costs $6.99, while the Marvis Pro is $7.99. You’ll also need to make sure you’re listening to Apple Music through these apps and not the default Music app if you want to scrub your music.
But both apps automatically scrub your music instead of making you press an extra button, making them much better for constantly tracking music on Last.fm.