Wimbledon might have Duchesses Meghan Markle and Kate Middletonbut we have Nick Jonas and Priyanka Chopra, Alicia Keys, Andy Cohen, Anna Wintour and a group of supermodels (hmmon Hadid sisters and Karlie Kloss). At least those are a few of the A-listers who have cheered on their favorite tennis pros from the Billie Jean King stands in the past. We will see who will appear this season – with ours Honey couple cocktail in hand.
This year, the Honey Deuce celebrates its 15th anniversary as the official cocktail of the tournament, counting more than 1 million cocktails sold and thousands of Grand Slams, surprise wins and star players celebrated with a pink cocktail toast. Continue reading how to make the honey couple below.
When is the US Open?
The US Open will be held from Monday, August 29, 2022 to Sunday, September 11, 2022 this year.
Related: 13 Famous Tennis Couples, Past and Present
What’s in Honey Deuce?
Like the Mint Julep at the Kentucky Derby, the Gray Goose Honey Deuce is synonymous with the US Open. Named after a 40/40 tie, the cocktail consists of Gray Goose, lemonade, raspberry liqueur and topped with the cutest tennis-inspired melon balls. It’s a refreshing libation to beat the heat as you take in the match AKA fangirling Serena Williams and her farewell tour.
Connected: 125 Olympic Games trivia and answers
This year, Gray Goose will also debut the Honey Deuce Cocktail Kit ($40) on August 16, which makes four Honey Deuce cocktails and includes:
- 200 ml Gray Goose
- 250 ml of Chambord
- All natural lemonade
- Honeydew melon + spoon
- Bamboo skewers
- 4 US Open Commemorative Cups
- Recipe card
How to make Gray Goose Honey Deuce
- Chill a Collins glass by placing it in the refrigerator or freezer.
- When sufficiently chilled, fill with ice.
- Measure and add vodka to the Collins glass.
- Top with a measured amount of fresh lemonade.
- Measure and add raspberry liqueur.
- Garnish with a skewer of 1 or several frozen honeydew melon balls.
If you’ll be watching the US Open from your living room this year, celebrate with Honey Deuces at home! The Official Honey Deuce Cocktail Kit (to be sold through Cocktail Courier) has everything you need to recreate the iconic cocktail at home — including collectible anniversary glasses.
The best hotel packages for the US Open
Where to stay and play before or after the Open—and maybe drink another Honey Deuce on the spot.
Peninsula New York US Open VIP Package:
The Peninsula New York is loved by many tennis players, from Emma Radukanu to Naomi Osaka, both of whom visited the property last year. Here’s what’s included in their US Open package:
- Stay in The Peninsula Suite from August 25th to September 11th
- Welcome cocktails with a US Open tennis player
- Winning team autographed by a former US Open champion
- Autographed tennis memorabilia (such as signed tennis balls and practice kits)
- 2 courtside tickets for the full series at Arthur Ashe Stadium (August 29 – September 11)
- Private transportation to and from US Open matches
- Daily breakfast for two guests
For reservations, guests may contact the reservations team at +1 (800) 262 9467 or by email at [email protected]
Graduate Roosevelt Island Stay + Play Package:
Adjacent to all the action at Arthur Ashe Stadium, Graduate Roosevelt Island offers tennis fans a Stay + Play package, plus extra perks like a $22 MetroCard, free breakfast for two at Anything At All and a special $25 rate at Roosevelt Island Racquet Club .
For reservations, use code OPEN22 at graduatehotels.com.